Last week the top 10 most popular ways to save money in 2015 on ArtOfBeingCheap.com was published, but maybe the most popular ways aren’t necessarily the best ways. Maybe a great article or two got overlooked by readers and deserves a second chance. To give those articles the second chance they deserve, here are 2015’s top 10 articles that didn’t make the most popular list:
10. Don’t Let Car Rental Companies Rip You Off– How to document the condition of your rental car so they can’t later claim you returned it damaged.
9. A Cheap Alternative To A Standing Desk– Standing desks have big health benefits, but cost a lot of money. Here is how to get a standing desk without paying too much.
8. The Barclay Arrival Plus Mastercard– With 2.2% cashback on all purchases, this is the card I use the most.
7. How I Saved $500/year on Lunches– If you eat cold sandwiches at work every day, you definitely want to read this one.
6. Discount Gift Cards or Kroger Fuel Points– When making a purchase do you save more buying discounted gift cards or getting full priced gift cards at Kroger for the fuel points? This calculator figures it out for you.
5. Save $100/Year with a Refrigerator Bypass– Refrigerator water filter bypasses are the #1 most common item ABC readers buy using Amazon.com affiliate links. If you are buying a new refrigerator water filter every six months, you really need to check this out.
4. The Less Than Honest Way To Sell On Craigslist– This is a violation of Craigslist’s terms of service, but the fact is it gets stuff sold. Read about it here, then decide for yourself if you want to give it a try.
3. Should You Shop With Jet.com?– Amazon has a new competitor. I put Jet.com to the test by comparing it’s prices to Amazon.
2. How much money can you make driving for Uber- When you run out of ways to save money, maybe it is time to earn a little extra on the side. Here is how much money I made driving with Uber.
1. Republic Wireless Plans Just Got Cheaper- This is the first year in the ABC’s history when an article on Republic Wireless wasn’t the #1 most popular article. Maybe the RW articles weren’t as popular because all ABC readers have already switched to RW? Just in case there is anybody out there paying too much for your cell phone, you won’t find an easier way to save money than this.
Thanks for reading my articles, everybody! 2015 was by far the ABCs biggest year yet, and I appreciate the support of all ABC readers. Come back every week in 2016 for more money saving tips!